Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Unleash the Storm!

It has been tornado junction in this part of the Midwest. Two days in a row we've had tornado warnings/sightings/etc. Now, I've never actually seen a tornado in real life before, so this had me pretty excited. Not "excited," as in, you're going to DisneyWorld, yay, you're so excited. I mean "excited," as in, oh my gosh I just got a text message maybe I do have friends I'm so excited!...It's going to be really awkward if I find out that I'm the only one that gets that excited over a text message...


Anyway, I decided that I'm going to quit my job at the restaurant. I've decided to become a storm chaser! Have you ever watched that show on Discovery Channel? I think it was called "Storm Chasers" or something...but in this show, they drive up to a random pavement, drop some cone thingy with camera jiggers in it, and drive away. The little cameras then record rubble (that's right.....rubble. "Rubble," as in, little pieces of dirt and pebbles and poop) as it flies around the cone. Among other things, this gives the storm chasers how fast the wind spins around/inside a tornado.


That's what I want to do. Well, I don't want to stop driving and leave the comfort of my seat. And...I don't want to carry a heavy surveillance device that would slow me down when I need to be uber fast so I don't get blown to death by a tornado. Also, I don't really care how fast the tornado is spinning, I just want to chase it. So, I guess there's really only one thing I want to do from that Discovery Channel show.


First thing I need to do, is get some wheels. I don't think my friends would appreciate getting tornado poop all over their car. So, I guess I'm going to need some money. I guess that means I can't quit my job.


Oh well, I tried. A cool dream has come and gone. I can't wait to find out what the next one will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment